Thursday, September 9, 2010

Creativity versus real life




Yes, it is a weird title, but that is how I experienced my role as photographer at Ruan and Haley's lovely wedding.

I had one agenda- to take stunning photographs! Haley, on the other hand, had to cope with nerves, hours at the hairdresser, nerves, the make-up person, the bridesmaids, nerves and a very pushy photographer to boot!

All my wonderful plans of hours of pictures evaporated one after the other! Posing while you have to do a million other things simply do not seem like a priority for a bride. Disillusionment!

In spite of this major setback I was at her heels and in her face like a Jack Russel on stimulants! Poor Haley was very patient and sweet, but also very busy with hair, make-up, getting dressed and getting to the church on time.
Haley looked beautiful and radiant when she walked down the aisle on her proud father's arm. The tall dark and handsome Ruan's face lit up when he saw her! What a privilege to witness two people who love each other say their vows. It was a lovely ceremony and when the bride and groom walked out of the chapel they were Mr. and Mrs. Breytenbach. The happiness on their faces was a joy to see and I thought "now!" Photo time!

1 comment:

  1. I looooove the pic of Ruan and Haley leaving the chapel. It is such a great 'moment' pic! Verrry interesting. x

    ReplyDelete